понедельник, 20 октября 2008 г.

drink happens much




My web hosting people are crap. I donapos;t know what the deal is, but this last month my comic has been broken two or three times a day, for hours at a time. Needless to say this isnapos;t good for potential advertisers, or for people who read the comic. I image that if somebody checked in two days and week and both times the page was broken, theyapos;ll assume Iapos;ve vanished and never come back.

I donapos;t want that.

The explainations Iapos;ve been given by the staff range from the ridiculous (the cache memory gets stuck and has to be cleared manually) to the stupid (itapos;s not a server problem, I should restart MY IIS service... Which is on their server). Occasionally they tell me theyapos;ve fixed some minor issue and it should all work nicely again. Iapos;m not seeing any improvement.

I can access individual files, but the database service appears to be breaking with astonishing regularity. Time to write a long grumbly email, I think, and perhaps look at moving to a new hosting package. Perhaps demand a refund, since I paid for a year and itapos;s only been a couple of months...

curets egg, drink happens much, drink happens much this too when.



Комментариев нет: